Monday, April 27, 2009

Guest Poet Susanne Brings It!


who are you?

who are you
to tell me i'm not good enough?
this masquerade is endless
talking and dancing in tiny circles

who are you
to try and tear down my heart and my soul?
this ceaseless cause carrying such a heavy weight
pulling and pulling further down to your level

who are you
to try and convince me that i can't handle it?
please pause and consider what you are saying
these bombs you drop exploding all around me

who are you
to try and take what strength and peace i do have?
destroy and debilitate because it's what you do
having exercised lack of happiness of your own

who are you?


reposted with the permission of the author, Susanne Drake, April, 2009

Susanne is an awesome chick I work with at my Real Job. She is a lady I have come to admire greatly because of her dedication to her family and the way she carries herself with class and grace through some really adverse times in life. She is a young lady with an old soul... she has seen and handled things that would make most 40 year olds cringe and shrink away in tears. Yet she never lets it show and she never loses her faith. If I had one wish for her, it would be a life of love and blessings! Thanks for letting me share your work with my readers! Love ya, kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin