Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Birth of a Blog

Ok, so here's the thing, because of Miss Alise over at Black Woman Lost & Found I have rediscovered my love for writing poetry. Now, I don't claim to be a great poet. But dammit, I try. So the format of this blog will probably evolve over time. But for now, I'm just gonna post something I wrote years ago, and I would love for anyone who reads to respond with poetry of their own, comments, critiques, stories or just random impressions.... I love random!

inevitable intangible


trying to believe in what i can't see
hard for me

trying to have faith in what i feel
you feel

you feelin' me?

can you climb to my vista?
see what i see?

how hard it is for me?
to forget what i can't see
trust what i feel
accept what you tell me?

how do you prove it's there
when it's intangible?
demonstrate its existence
when it's invisible?

how do you know what it is
when you can't
measure, examine, define?

especially when
(like me)
you've been so wrong before?

yet, i'm sure.
yes, i'm sure.

and you?
i know what i have,
do you?
can you name it?
lay claim to it?
call it by name?

is it in your nature
to nurture such a thing?
to watch it grow
and change?

possibly have your
world rearranged?

are you sure?

ac apr 17. 01

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin