Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time


It's all about the tick
tick, ticking of the clock
Keeping time with my heart and needling at my mind.

All I have is time, and all I want is time.
My time, your time, our time.

We wasted so much time, just watched it fly.
I try to fill my time, while I quiet my mind.

And I'm learning now I can't do both.

When I have too much time,
I have too much thought.
And thoughts unchecked are problems unborn.
Ill conceived notions tick tick tock themselves into existence.
Like the minutes on a clock with no resistance.

Time spent wasted waiting and wishing
and wanting and feeling
just some kinda way...
and my mind in this time
unsettled, disturbing.

But all I want from you is time.


(c) amy colbert apr 8, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin