Saturday, August 22, 2009

Plagiarizing myself...


Sometimes, I really don't know what I'd do without Alise and her blog. I know y'all probably sick of hearing about it, but I really do owe that woman a debt of gratitude...
My creative side, the love-to-write-wanna-be-a-poet side of myself had sat dormant for so long, I had begun to forget that side of me ever existed.

Anyhoo... enuf of the "I stan for NaturallyAlise" stuff. Here are two pieces I originally wrote for her blog poetry slam. She comes up with the best writing prompts!

The first prompt is "I miss you."

In your absence
I am observant
of that sacred space
Reserved for your presence.

There is no inticement,
Nothing sufficient
to cause a violation,
to motivate migration.

Because with you not here,
there's nothing for me
on your side of the bed.



The prompt for this piece was "parts of speech."

We were past tense
and again are present tense
will we be future tense
or past perfect, is yet to be seen.

Your past participle
predicates my future perfectly,
but I don't want to split my infinitives
as I wait out the verb that's also a noun
and look to infinite possibilities.


Hope you like these little offerings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin