Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Priority List


You love me, do ya?
I don't doubt that you do.
but these nights and days alone waiting on you
get older and colder with each one that passes

You need me, do ya?
I believe that you do.
but how much? and why? when I spend
all this time at home on my own, lonely

You got me on lock, do ya?
well..... only because I choose.
but you're not the only one who can see
there's something here to be valued

So a suggestion, while you're on the road,
rollin the wheels to go spin those wheels,
maybe I deserve a bump up.
Maybe you better check how you're handlin' business
at home
maybe it's time to take the road that leads to the door
that opens on me.

And maybe you need to rearrange those priorities a little.
I know what you're working for, and I share the dream.
but when you achieve it, it could be without me.
Coz I ain't even on the list.
The bouncer won't even let me in...
metaphorically...

And see....
I'm not even asking to be number one.
I just wanna make the list.
Just want you to show that love,
Just let me know you want me there,
waiting to open the door that opens on me.
Keeping the porch light on.


Is that club gonna hold you when you're lonely?
Is that turntable gonna listen when you got something to say?
Is that promoter gonna give a damn when the world is weighing heavy?

Coz I am.
If you let me.
Just put me on the list.
Make the door that opens on me
the next stop on your itinerary.

I've put in my time waiting, wishing, wondering, wanting.
I've paid the dues in minutes, hours and days.
I've put patience past its limit,
I've given you all the support and love and trust I can extend.
You've exceeded your credit,
time to make a deposit.
Just put me on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin