Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No good can come....

I've got no business feelin this thrill every time I hear your step down the hall...
The steady stride, the confidence in the step, I don't even have to look up to know who approaches, the hair on the back of my neck tells me who...

and whoooo... I feel it in the electricity that suddenly fills the room....

and you got no business lookin at me like that, or puttin that tone in your voice, or touchin my arm as you pass.... with five feet of room on every side... but you're playin the game coz it feeds your ego... and I'm playin along coz you're fine... and

you know I'm lustin for you, and you know I got a man that I love... and I know I'm lustin for you, and I know I got a man that I love....
And we both know that no good can come of it if I join you for a friendly drink... coz drinks can get too friendly, if you know what I mean...

So let's just leave it alone. I'll take my lust on home... and you can keep your satisfied belief that a little more effort could get you there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin