Thursday, June 11, 2009

Legs Like Lead


They started at 4 am and carried me down the stairs.
At 6 am they carried me out the door.
At 20 til 7 they carried me in another door.

Then they moved me about my day.
To one place where I gave nourishment,
and another where I gave hope,
and another where I gave healing,
and another where I shared grief,
and another where I gathered information,
and another where I helped,
and countless others where I did countless things,
and they did not stop,
because there was no time to stop.

And then it was 20 til 7 again--
how did that happen?
And they carried me to a chair.
And I told someone else about my day,
the things given, and done, and shared, and learned,
so they could take the next leg of the race...

and they carried me out the door,
and in another door,
and now my leaden legs are carrying me up the stairs,
to slumber,
so they can race again tomorrow.




*crafted after a long, busy day.... any one relate?*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin