Friday, November 6, 2009

Seriously Susanne!!


I not only love to write, I truly love to read. I follow so many blogs and enjoy every one of them. Every now and then, on one of my blogs, I like to take a minute to show some love to a blog/blogger that really rocks my socks.

Today it's Susanne's turn...

Susanne is a young woman with a beautiful, wise old soul! She is something of an inspiration to me. She has handled a lot more in her life than many women three times her age. And she has done it all with grace, dignity and faith!

Susanne writes a blog called "Beauty From Ashes" and IT IS AWESOME!! She writes poetry mostly, but she also has a story to tell of her journey through some treacherous territory in life. I love to read her stuff. She is honest, raw and fearless in her poetry. She examines her life unflinchingly, never turning away from what she sees. I am amazed at her self-perception. I actually kinda envy her that, because she came by it a lot earlier in life than I did. But then again, I'm pretty hard headed.

So do yourself a favor and go check her out. She's a talented and cool chick, and I'm excited to see how she develops and grows, as a writer and as a woman, as time passes.


A Haiku For Susanne

here stands a woman
wisdom not explained by age
youth hides her old soul

2 comments:

  1. amy-
    are you trying to make me cry? thank you so much. your encouragement inspires me so much. your compliments and kind words are greatly and truly appreciated.

    ~susanne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, Suze... just think you're dope! Keep doin' you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin