Wednesday, November 18, 2009

50th Post and Seventh BornDay for Eli!!


Throw some confetti and put on a party hat!! Eli turns 7 tomorrow! And this is the 50th post on this blog. Which is something of a miracle, considering there was a time in my past when I would rather take a beating than let anyone read my poetry!

So tonight's offering is dedicated to the theme of family and motherhood... different from my usual, but that's ok.

Once a physical part of me
still a literal part of me
of my soul, I watch as you grow.

You are a miracle of epic proportions.

The eyes that show what you feel when you feel it,
that give away when you get the joke,
Delight my soul and cause my heart to sing.

The voice so animated with your excitement
over bugs, and snails and rocks,
it's music to my ears.

You are the harmony to my very self.
You are the melody of my being.
You are my song and my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin